7.17.2018

My Sleepy-Time Ritual

Sleep. Everybody does it. Why not make the most out of it? I'm a true believer in bed-time routines and regimes to make sleep a hundred times more relaxing. That said, it's funny I've never really talked about it before. I love doing masks and pampering myself so much because it makes me so comfortable and ready to take on the next day or week. 

I don't have a complicated routine or anything, but I do a couple things before I hit the hay just because it makes me feel good. 
Usually, at night I have already taken a shower and gotten my PJs on which consist of a t-shirt and Nike running shorts, nothing too glamorous. I'll do a mask or paint my nails on occasion, but I always make sure to clean my face after the long day and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. 
It may be weird, but I literally cannot sleep with dry hands. When they're cold and dry—I just can't. I've heard some people who can't sleep with dry hands which makes me feel better. I have been using my Kiehl's Creme de Corps lotion and it really gets the job done. It hydrates and leaves my hands smooth and soft the next morning. 

My lips also have to have some sort of balm or treatment on them, too. The Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 is one I've been using and I like it. It is hydrating and refreshing on my lips! 
I can't forget some eye cream either, I've woken up with dry and red under eyes and it is not something anyone should have to wake up to. I use the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter eye treatment and love it. Creams before bed just make my skin feel good and warm. I hope other people feel the same way, too. 

Most nights, I listen to music, watch movies, read, or write. I write for the blog and I have recently really gotten into journaling. I write about my day or just how I'm feeling. I would really encourage it because it's great to reflect and just let go with a pen and paper. We get so distracted and forget our days as they fly by. I try to take in moments before bed when I can to just decompress and think about what I did that day.  What's your sleep-time ritual like?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!