4.04.2017

The Spring Shoes of Dreams

It's usually not normal for me to purchase spring shoes early on in the season, but there have been a couple pairs that have really caught my eye over the past few months. I love shoes, and my obsession keeps on growing and growing. I've read the articles, seen the posts, watched the lookbooks, I've made my decision on only two pairs of shoes that I really wanted for this season. I purchased these Chanel-like, American Eagle Espadrille Flats and these Arizona Soft Footbed Birkenstocks as my splurges for this season. 
I knew that I wanted a flat type shoe to wear during the spring and summer; one that would be cute enough to wear with a dress and casual enough to wear with shorts or capris. I love the look of espadrilles right now on all of the fashion bloggers and what not, so I was like "what the heck", and bought a nicer and less expensive pair to put to the test. After a couple wears and trotting around my house with them, they broke in nicely to my rather wide sized feet. I think they would fit perfectly on more narrower sized feet, but wearing socks with them every now and then inside can get the job done. They have another pair in black, but I loved the look of this nudey-taupe color. 
The quality and thickness of the sole and base of the shoe is really nice and sturdy. It's not cheaply made and you can tell by just feeling it. I love how you can tie and zipper the shoe up so you don't have to constantly tie it all the time. I have never felt "squished" in these. I have never worn close toed, cut out flats before. 

Then I finally gave in and had to buy a pair of Birks. I have been trying to convince myself that they are the ugliest shoes ever, but they're so comfortable and practical shoes to wear during this time of year. I caught onto the bandwagon and saved up my money for these. I love how I can adjust them and the arch helps with my wide feet. 
I like the copper hardware on these and they are incredibly soft. At first, they gave me a little rug burn because they were brand new, but now I have also broken them in and love them so much. It's unfortunate that Chicago is still 40 degrees out! I am so ready to pair these with sundresses and rompers. 

What spring shoes do you plan on wearing this season?

2 comments

  1. I don't really like the style and look of birks either but everyone says their so easy and comfortable to wear! Maybe I'll cave in one day
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did and I'm kind of glad I did. I know that they have more inexpensive options at H&M or American Eagle Outfitters if you don't want to splurge! X

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!