1.31.2017

January Favorites

The first month of the new year has already crept upon us. I can't believe how incredibly fast time has flown. A lot of things happened last year and I hope that this year brings a lot more great things as I transition out of high school and into college. On a less serious note, I have collected some of the products I found this beginning month, to be great products to start off the new year. I have many favorites, but I wanted to show you all the ones I have been reaching for the most this month and probably will next month, too. 
The one mascara that I have been grabbing every time I use makeup is the Revlon lash Potion mascara. It has really grown on me since I first bought it. This was one of my Amish store bargain buys that I posted about last year. It has a great lengthening formula and is great at opening the eyes up more. 

For my eyeshadow base, I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I've gotten way more into primers this year and love the way they can make my makeup last. I never knew why I was oblivious to any primers at all. I actually bought this version of the Primer Potion at Nordstrom Rack for only 10 bucks! It's a steal and I think I'll have to go stock up on some more for the future because it's pretty much the same as the new version they came out with. There's really no creasing or makeup moving around at all and I will continue to use this product forever until Nordstrom Rack stops selling it.   
I haven't been wearing liner too much lately, but when I do, I have been loving the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Velvet Liner. I feel like this liner has really changed the game for me and has been applying very smoothly. When I want to create smoky looks, this liner really does the job. 

I have never been a huge fan of shadow sticks, but when I bought this on a whim at that Amish store, I was so glad I did. The Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo in Creamy Chocolate has been amazing under the eyes and for lining my lids. It gives off more of a bronze tone and looks beautiful on a golden eye look. I really love the look of it. 

Next, is this Essence Brow Pencil that has been quite the handy tool when it comes to fixing my un-sculpted brows. When I'm not using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow, I grab this and naturally touch up my brows for a subtle definition. It's not too waxy and is very easy to use, especially for beginners. I love taking this pencil on the go.
I have fully transitioned to using this palette and cannot get my paws off of it. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette has been my holy grail palette these past two months. The colors are insanely pigmented and look great on just about everyone. Check out my in depth review I wrote last week, here
Powder is something that I use almost everyday to just keep my face matte and oil free. I have been on the lookout for a really nice pressed powder and Mac Studio Fix powder has really stood out to me. I'm one to keep repurchasing a powder if I love it, however, I think I will definitely have to keep this one stocked in my collection. It has a cute compartment for a puff pad to take easily on the go, which I love and keeps me matte all day long. 
On the bandwagon of primers, I have been using and getting the most out of my Laura Geller Under Makeup Mattifying Primer. I put a dime sized amount and just use my hands to spread it all over my face before applying makeup (kind of like a moisturizer in a way). It's really great under any foundation and I can't put on makeup without it. It makes all the difference and allows my face to stay oil free all day!

I hope you guys enjoyed my compiled favorites for this past month. I have a lot of great things planned for February and am excited for what this year brings. What has been your favorite products this month?

2 comments

  1. I really want that ABH palette - it looks stunning!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly the best palette I have ever used XX

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!