4.07.2016

All Things Ellie Goulding in Seventeen Magazine | The Woman That's On My Mind

Hey friends! So today I have a different type of post for you guys. You all know how much I love Ellie Goulding right? You don't? Well, here's a specific post on all the great reasons she is one of my role models and favorite person of all time. So, Seventeen Magazine is one of my preferred magazines to read. It's interesting, youthful, fun, stylish, and full of inspiration and honest advice. This month's cover was Ellie Goulding and I was so excited when it arrived in the mail. The things she said in her interview actually inspired me so much to write this post!
Seventeen called her, "honest, unpretentious, and totally relatable" and I couldn't agree more. The article states that as a child, Ellie has dealt with social anxiety at school, boy troubles, divorce, insecurity, and body confidence issues. It's obvious that Ellie has worked very hard to get to where she is now. She is an amazing, talented musician, but she is also a great woman inspiring others to follow their dreams. The segment says that Ellie "wants [young girls] to know that everything is going to be okay" and to always look for the positives. I really look up to and admire her for that. If you all want to learn and read more, you can read here.
I have loved Ellie Golding's music for so long now. When she released "Lights" I was hooked on her unique and beautiful, wispy-like sound. She has deep songs that make you think and upbeat songs that just make you move. She has this specific way of connecting with you that I think no other artist has ever done. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to her new album, Delirium, right now! I have it on repeat because it is just so good. 

Not only is Ellie Goulding a great musician, a strong woman, and a lover of exercise and her two cats, Wallace and Lennon, she is just a real person. Yep, you guessed it. She's real. There's no cover-up media nonsense or fakeness about her. I would love to be her best friend one day and work out with her or something. She's just so cool.

I listen to her on the radio, at school, and I love listening to her when I exercise. She is like a maniac when it comes to working out (she's also like a Nike representative so that's cool, too) and her songs really make me motivated and focused on doing the workout for myself. Whether it be running or yoga, I am automatically pumped and I push myself harder because I know Ellie Goulding would too. I always remind myself that if I want to better myself by exercising, I am only doing it for myself. I am not doing it for anyone else. I am not doing it to make myself skinny. I want to be really strong just like Ellie. 
I also really love how Ellie Goulding believes in all women. She gets what we go through and how hard it is for women to sort of make something of themselves in our society. She comes from a loving and caring mother that raised her all by herself and she's surrounded with a huge "squad" of strong women. I love that in a role model. 

Here are some of my favorite songs of hers that I relate to and love listening to:
"Animal"
"The Writer" 
(I have listened to this song every time I feel sad. It's just so pretty.)
"Anything Could Happen"
"I Do What I Love" 
(I feel so bad ass when this song comes on. It's like a fight song sort of. It has a great tune and reminds me of Bollywood for some reason... maybe the percussion or something)
"Around U"
(I love jumping and dancing to this song.)
"Army" 
(I love this song a lot because instead of it being like a love song, it's about having great friends and support from your army of peeps and not needing a man to be fulfilled and loved.)
"Something In The Way You Move"
(I love working out to this one. It's mah "lady jam".)
"Here's To Us"
(I believe that this is a new song of Ellie's that was just released for the Girls album. It gave me all the feels! It's quite a beautiful anthem about love. My favorite lyric is "You’ve fallen on your feet giving everything up / There’s something in the way love is never enough,".)

I have always enjoyed Ellie's electric tune and poppy feel. Her past albums like Lights and Halcyon Days were a bit darker I feel and her new album Delirium is like an awakening of bright sounds and anthems. She has a great variation in her music and I think that a lot of people like her because of how different she is. When I first heard "Lights" on the radio, I had no idea who she was! She didn't sound like anyone else I have ever heard. Maybe her British accent intensifies her voice, but I have never heard another singer sing like she does, and it's beautiful.
I am so insanely excited to see her perform when she comes to Chicago for her Delirium Tour and I know it will be one of the most amazing performances that I have ever seen. Ellie Goulding doesn't really make her way "across the pond" that often. So, this will probably be the only time I will ever see her. Besides her coming to Lollapalooza this summer. 

Ellie Goulding has made a huge impact on my life and she taught me that no matter how hard you want something, no matter how hard you work for it, you will get there. She inspires me to be stronger, physically and emotionally. She also inspires me to just be a better version of myself, to just let loose and dance. I'm sure she has inspired many others; she will always hold a special place in my heart. 

Xoxo, Nat

2 comments

  1. This is a beautiful post. I also share your admiration for Ellie. I recently saw her live on her Delirium tour and she is fantastic in every way possible. She makes me want to be a better person and for sure motivates me when I exercise too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind thoughts. She is one of the most influential women on this earth haha!That's awesome that you saw her already! I see her in May, so it's coming up and I am sure as HELL excited to watch her perform! XX

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!