7.13.2015

Being Happy


Being someone in the middle of their highschool career, talk about the future—my future— is just a bit away. I have been through this with my older sister who is now going to be a junior in college and my turn will be before you know it.


When I was little I always had wanted to be something big; a veterinarian, a fashion designer, a rock star, an architect, Indiana Jones... Something that people can look up to and be inspired by.


The pressures of going to college will bring on many things. A lot of people ask me. 

"So, Natalie, do you know where you'll be going to college? What you're going to study?". 

I also answer with an "I don't know". Because the truth is, frankly, I don't. 

There's so much I still want to explore and try, that I feel a bit overwhelmed by all of these stories of people changing their majors and jobs or all of these success stories of people doing what they love and making a living off of it. I wonder if it really makes them happy and if I will ever find something like that.

I know a lot of people are going to tell me that I am a bit too young to be thinking about all of this but, at some point, I am going to have to make a decision of what I want to become and where I wanna be when I am older. 

It's scary to think that I could become some superstar if I really worked for it or maybe some inspiring writer as well. I could become whatever I want as long as I put my mind to it. I just don't know what that is. 

What I have come to know and realize is that all that really matters is doing what makes me happy.


The only way for me to truly find something that I will end up doing in my future, is finding some outlet that makes me happy. Something that I love doing. And at the end of the day, money would just be a bonus because it wouldn't matter if my job is something I love doing. 

Whether in 10 years I'll be writing for a high end magazine or traveling the world, 
living in the now and experiencing life and appreciating the little things are what make me really happy. 

I try not to worry about the latest fads and what everyone else is doing and being the best me there could be without following the mainstream of things. 


All I want to do when I am older is to inspire people. Making a difference or a big break in this world without becoming a Kardashian. I want people to know me for who I am as a person and the great things I will once do. 

As of now, being content with my life and happy with my life comes down to the people in it. My friends and family have always been supportive of me and the things I do. 


Being the best you and accepting who you are as a person, living in the now and not worrying about what everyone else is doing, appreciating your life because you have been given a chance to make something of it, doing what you love whether it's writing, photography, makeup, making videos, exploring, is just the recipe of success when it comes to being happy. 

As well as never forgetting where you came from and what you represent. 

Being happy can only be controlled and changed by you.

It's your life. It's your happiness. :)

Xoxo Nat

1 comment

Thank you for commenting!