9.07.2017

Freshman Dorm Room Tour

It has been requested by many of my friends and fellow blog readers to do an official dorm tour--so here it is! Might I first disclaim that I am a walking Target ad and pretty much everything I bought for my dorm was from there because it was convenient and Target is life. Over the past three months I have compiled my "aesthetic" for my dorm because life is too short to live in a drab dorm room. I love to express my personality through interior design and I was really excited to decorate a new space to call mine for the next year. 
I felt like my desk should be very minimal and have mixed metallics. I also wanted something to cover the bland chair and so I found this faux fur pelt at Five Below which I love sitting on. I also knew I wanted wall grids and found these perfect ones at Target for ten bucks. 
I also needed a print of some sort on my bed, so it would be a bit more different than just plain, neutral white or blush. My theme was blush, green, metallics, and grey. Of course, I had to pack my Pillow Pet. 
It was a bit extra of me to get this little furry stool, but it was probably the best thing I bought. It functions as a seat, a step stool, and a foot rest. I found it at Hobby Lobby and am really happy I have found uses for it. 
I had an image in my head of a cute drink bar area on top of our fridge and I am so content and satisfied with how it looks. I bought this cute Target mug and put all of my hotel Starbucks cups on it for my roommates to enjoy. 
I have seen many different bloggers decorate their wall grids in many ways and I was experimenting with what I should put on it. I knew I wanted my Rifle Paper Co. calendar and this little inspirational card. I also decorated it with polaroids and fairy lights which is the perfect mood lighting. 
On my desk I have simple stationary items and really cute metallic school supplies. I love the black and gold. This is probably one of my favorite lamps I own from Target. 
As far as my wardrobe goes (I was given one because I live with two other girls and brought the least amount of clothes), I kept it neat with white hangers from home. 
I bought these awesome wired baskets from Five Below and they really hide my clothes and extra stuff I don't need to be out. They're cute and very functional. 
My side of the room is next to the window and I get the ledge to put my vanity. Since I plan on using my desk a lot, I found it easier to put my copper vanity mirror from TJ Maxx there with my brushes. 
I also love banners and found these cute gold pineapple ones and the tropical leaf one from Target. I think it adds a very cute and personal touch to my space without making the wall look crowded. 
I am sure that my dorms in the future will all be different and I hope this gave some inspiration to people who want to spruce up their dorm as well. I am having a lot of fun and am finally comfortable in my dorm. It was hard transitioning, but adding my own touch to the space has made all the difference. 

2 comments

  1. Your dorm room is better looking than my bloody bedroom at home! You've done a fabulous job with it, very aesthetically pleasing!


    Courtney xo | Lashes and Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I am so happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!