6.28.2017

Building Your Base Collection

Over the years of my makeup journey, I never thought I would have more than one primer or concealer. When I was in middle school, it was simply mascara and lipgloss. Now that I am older, I have had a bit more freedom to venture out and see what types of products work for me. Finding the perfect base makeup for your skin can be a struggle. I know it has still taken me a while to figure out my exact skin type and I probably never will because it constantly changes all the time. Today, I want to share my base collection and how I have managed to select these products. 
These are all of the eye primers that I have (shown above). I have really tried to look for options that were not as expensive and I think I did very well. I feel like an eye primer doesn't have to cost you $20. I found the Maybelline MasterPrime Shadow Primer and loved how it doubled as a primer and a base shadow. For only about five dollars. If you want to go even less expensive, I would have to say the Wet'n'Wild Photo Focus Primer was only around three bucks at Walgreen and has incredible staying power.

Also, if you are looking for a deal, go to Nordstrom Rack. I found this Urban Decay Primer Potion there for only $10. This one ultimately stays the longest because it is a great quality primer, but the Wet'n'Wild one for sure took the cake. It seamlessly covers all the veins and really does a great job at keeping my eye look in place. 
Onto some more primers I have (including another eye primer). I haven't been driven away from Benefit's Porefessional primer and I have been using it for so long now I might need to buy a new one! It is so smooth on my skin and really sets up a clean and silky base for all of my other makeup. It does a wonderful job at hiding my pores, too. I have recently been using the Too Faced Hangover Primer as my base for makeup because it is so hydrating and infused with coconut water. It's a great wake-me-up when you are out all night or just need something to make you look refreshed. An older primer I have is the Laura Geller Spackle Primer which I didn't enjoy as much as the Too Faced one, but loved on days when I was wearing heavier makeup because I felt like it could withstand a full face of makeup. 

I also have the Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer that I really liked using and might repurchase. It has a doe foot applicator which comes in handy and does a really nice job keeping my shadow in place. For what it's worth, however, I do still recommend the less expensive Wet'n'Wild option the most. Last, but not least, I have the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer which I love using to hide any dark circles or redness I find when I wake up. Perfect for travel. 
My base collection has drastically changed over the years and will keep changing as my skin changes. It all comes down to preference, I think. Whether you prefer a type of product to do a certain thing or not. It also comes down to which product you would want to spend more or less money on. I would say investing in a very nice facial primer is better than investing in a nice eye primer. You can totally find both great products at the drugstore. It just depends on preference! Which base product do you prefer spending more money on?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!