5.23.2017

My High School Graduation | 2017

I made it. For all four years of high school, I cannot believe that it's finally over. On May, 21st, this past Sunday, I graduated from York High School. What an amazing journey it has been and I am incredibly ecstatic and anxious to see what the next four years will bring. I am truly thankful for everyone who has unconditionally supported me and who has made my high school career worth while. I wouldn't say that it's been a high school musical, but I do think that it has made me appreciate many great things about my experience there.

This post is just your usual thanking post and reflection post. It might not be as interesting as many of my other ones, but for my personal keeping, I would like this post to just be an entire reflection of my high school experience: addressing the goods, the bads, and the uglies. 
Posing with my just graduated from college sister, Melissa, and my father who is a Dean at her college in Chicago, have both supported me and given me so much love. Thanks to my English professor (now Dean) dad for always spelling and grammar checking my English papers and also giving me a ton of dad advice because you just do. I know I can count on you for always answering my philosophically irrelevant questions. 
Mel, thank you for being my guidance counselor throughout my stressful times and always being the derp you are. I can't wait to see what you do beyond college and I know that you will accomplish all of your hopes and dreams when they come to you. No matter what challenges you face in the real world, I know you will always do amazing things with your writing. 
Obviously I can't forget my beautiful mama. She has truly been my rock throughout all of my school endeavors and I am beyond blessed to have you in my life as a supporter and everyday cheerleader. Also, for telling me to save my money and to make my bed every day. We have been through many ups and downs, but I always know that you will be there for me no matter what.
Finally, to my "little" sister Emily, I am so beyond proud of how grown up you've become. No matter the annoyances or shenanigans you pull, the ukulele playing at 10 o'clock at night, the screaming, or anything else, all in all, you have really impressed me. Thank you for taking all of these incredible photos, especially at prom. I know I put you through some tough times, but that's just what big sisters do, even if you're 5'11. We will be buddies forever and ever. I am so excited to see what your future brings as you flower into an amazing young woman. Yes, woman.
In my time my time at York, I have achieved a few awards: the State Commendation toward Biliteracy for my knowledge and accomplishments with Spanish, the Presidential Award towards Educational Achievement, and the monetary award granted from the entire English department at my school, the Corrine Johnson Scholarship of $500.   It was a huge award that I was incredibly honored to receive. Especially since they mentioned my blog and how dedicated to writing I am. I just goes to show how much this blog has truly made an impact in my life.
For anyone reading this, I thank you whole heartedly for supporting all that I have put passion towards and have worked hard for. Not only has this journey been bittersweet, but so self fulfilling and I am ready for whatever comes next. It's not everyday you just graduate high school, for anyone still in high school, I give you this; don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy it. You get one high school experience and it truly is what you make of it. I spent most of it stressing about stupid stuff that doesn't even affect me now. Obviously get good grades and go to class, but one fail or two, move on. Life will bring you many failures and uptakes--embrace them.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!