2.14.2017

Pretty in Pink for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day lovelies! I'm not one to personally love the idea of Valentine's Day, sometimes I think it's just a consumer holiday, but I'm not gonna just hate on the day that's about love and all things candy hearts, roses, and enjoying time with everyone you care about. In all silliness, it's honestly just a fun day to write about. I was inspired to do a collective "pink favorites" in the spirit of V-Day and realized that I actually have a lot of pink products even though I hardly prefer to wear pink. 
The first "pink" product that I have been loving over the past couple of months is the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Cannes Crush. It's more on the coral shade spectrum, but is a lovely pop of color on the lips and isn't too pink. I love these stains because they really aren't drying on the skin. Keeping the subject on Revlon lips for a moment, I have also enjoyed the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Liquid Lip Color in Love, which is undoubtedly the most accurate product for this post. I'm not one to love matte lips, but Revlon sure has it in the bag with matte lip colors. This classic redish-pink is what Valentine's Day is all about! Amirite? 

I have also been obsessed with rosegold for a while lately and the Urban Decay Single Eyeshadow in Scratch, which is a very unsettling name, is this beautiful rose gold shade and I love to swipe this all over the lid and define it with a golden brown in the crease. You really can't go wrong with Urban Decay eyeshadows.

On my cheeks, I have been loving Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful. It has been the perfect peachy pink shade on my cheeks. I think it will look perfect in the springtime and isn't too overly pigmented. I have also enjoyed the way that the Nyx Blush in Hamptons is a bit of a step up from the Tarte one on the pink level. It's more of a watermelon pink and is a great shade for the wintery months and gives the perfect wind-kissed look. 
As for highlight, I haven't been too adventurous with finding any more highlighters that I actually will use instead of this Soap & Glory Glow All Out highlighting powder. It's more cool toned and gives a really nice natural glow that I adore on the cheek bones. 

I have also loved the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Gold as a touch of highlight, but mainly used on my eyes for a pop of shimmer because I find that the shade is a bit too much for the face. 

I have been recently grabbing this Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation more now and forgot how much coverage it gave. It's a very beautiful foundation and seamlessly covers up imperfections. It does a great job at keeping my skin looking smooth and doesn't overly make it matte which I sometimes like (since it's an oil-free foundation). 

There wasn't really anything for eyes in my collection that was pink besides the eyeshadow/highlighter, but I thought I could throw in the Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara as a product that counts. And it truly does. I've been using this so much lately and love how it really opens up my eyes and gives my lashes great length and volume. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this cute, themed Valentine's Day post. I wish all of you the loveliest of days filled with laughter and of course, LOVE! No matter what the circumstance, lover or not, there shouldn't be any reason to slum on this heart-filled day. Love yourself and eat that whole box of chocolates because you damn right can!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!