12.22.2016

Christmas Makeup Look

Finals are over for me and I feel like a huge weight has been released off my chest. I can relax, go do some yoga, and ease into my blog posts before Christmas. Which, may I remind you, is only four days away. I thought I would do a makeup look post for the holiday and I am really wanting to try this out on Christmas and you guys can, too! It's a very warm, wintery look that I think will suit pretty much anyone.

As for posts going up this week, I have a couple in mind, but I also want to take this time to relax and enjoy my break while I can. Posts will be decided eventually, so I may or may not have something up on the usual day--bear with me! 
Maybelline Dream Velvet Matte Foundation in Creamy Natural- For the face, I have recently started using this and really enjoy the smooth and matte finish it gives. If you are a pretty oily or shiny skin type, this would be perfect for you. Especially during these drier and colder months, I know it can be a little hard to reach for the matte foundations, however, this one seamlessly glides and blends perfectly on the skin. I normally like to use a Beauty Blender for this type of foundation to make sure it doesn't settle in any weird places. 

L'Oreal Paris Black Velvet Liner- I have really loved the look of smokey eyes and smudging out the top liner on my eyes. This liner does the job amazingly. It has a doe foot applicator and is really easy to use.  

Covergirl Plumpify Mascara- To add a lot of volume to my eyes and to make them appear bigger than they are, this Plumpify mascara really does the trick. I love the ball tip on the applicator so that you can make sure to get and curl every lash.

Urban Decay Primer Potion- This is kind of a given because who doesn't love Urban Decay's primers? A true necessity when it comes to holiday makeup. You don't want any of your eye makeup falling off during a nice time with family and friends! 

Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo Crayon in Creamy Chocolate- Speaking of makeup staying for a long time, this 24 hr eyeshadow crayon from Maybelline is great for very long nights and events when you don't want to worry about reapplying. I especially love to smoke it out under my eyes on the water line a bit to create a sultry, golden-bronzed eye look.
Ardell "Natural" False Lashes- I'm kind of going backwards, but that's okay. These Ardell lashes really are great drugstore lashes. I have fallen in love with the beautiful effects they can create. It might not be a bad idea to add some drama to your look! 
Stila Eyes are the Window Palette in Soul- Mind the broken shadow way back when I dropped the whole palette during a photoshoot, but I have really not ignored this amazing palette. The warm toned shades are so awesome for a smokey, bronzed holiday look. I find that a bronze eye and bold, red lip is the perfect combination for Christmas.
NYX HD Blush in Hamptons- I also love using more blushes during the winter as opposed to bronzers and contouring. This bright, frosty pink is great for this time of year. Adding some pigment to the cheeks defines this very wintery look.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer- Usually I like to warm up my face a bit and just define my cheekbones and forehead a bit. Nothing too dramatic like a full on contour. 
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lip Color in Forever Scarlet- To finish off this Christmassy look, obviously I need some red! I discovered this super long lasting, matte liquid lipstick by Revlon and absolutely gravitate towards it whenever I do my makeup. Nothing like a good classic red during Christmas! 

I hope this post inspired all of you to start to create your own holiday looks for this season no matter the holiday you celebrate. I'm excited and relieved to be on break. Hopefully I can get posts up soon this break, but until then, I wish everyone a calm and relaxed holiday and time off. We all deserve it. 

What's your go-to holiday makeup look?

Xoxo, Nat

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!