NEW | Wet' n' Wild Ombré Blush Review

by - 7:38:00 AM

It has been nearly impossible to find Wet 'n' Wild's new, limited edition collection at my local drugstores, but over the past weekend, I was out shopping with my mom at Target and just wanted to peek over at the Wet 'n' Wild kiosk to see if they carried any of the newer products. To my surprise, they had the new Ombré Blushes. I decided that I would only pick up one, out of the three they had in the store tucked under everything else, just in case I didn't like it since it is new. 

Personally, I have been very pleased and impressed by Wet 'n' Wild lately. I really feel that they have stepped up their game and created all of these amazingly affordable and great products. I find myself reaching for their products more than any other drugstore brand. I have been in need of a new blush (I usually don't use blush that much anyway) and was very excited when I saw this Color Icon Ombre Blush in Princess Daiquiris for five bucks.

I always do my research before going out and buying new makeup products, however, this blush in particular had some pretty mixed reviews. I know for a fact that the normal Color Icon Blushes are highly rated and loved (as I have tried them out before) but, this one had some other concerns. 
A lot of the reviews said that there was little pigmentation and some fall out. When I tried this on, however, I experienced a very nice and subtle pigmentation on my cheeks--which I prefer more than a very opaque blush. There was a minimal amount of fallout but, nothing too big to cause any problems. I also found it to be very velvety and smooth when I applied it on. 
I think with things like this, it all comes down to preference--it really does. Also, depending on your skin tone and skin type, some things just don't work. I really like this blush. Is it my favorite? No but, it's not the worst blush that I have used in the past. I will continue to use this blush and I think it will add a nice rosiness to my cheeks when the months get colder. 
If you are looking for a more natural or subtle rouge, this one would be perfect. This blush specifically, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a very opaque blush. Likewise, I would suggest the regular Color Icon blushes from their collection as they are intensely opaque and there are more colors in that selection. Also, since the Color Icon blushes are cheaper (around three dollars), it's really a no brainer. 

What products from Wet 'n' Wild do you enjoy? I really want to try their Highlighting Gold Block next but, I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Xoxo, Nat

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ah it looks a little light for me but the pigmentation is gorgeous! Lovely post and photos xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit more frosty than other blushes but, looks really well during the colder months. And thank you so much! X

      Delete
  2. I really like your honest review. I'm on the lookout for a natural blush since bright ones really don't suit me so thanks for sharing this review :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could find this helpful! I know not everyone loves very opaque blushes (like myself). X

      Delete