5.17.2016

Laura Geller New York | Beautifully Nude Set

Hi friends! I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. A lot of my friends have been having graduation lately at my high school. I only have one more week left and then SUMMER! I have to keep in mind that my final exams are this week, too. How is it for you guys? Do you have any final exams? If so, please go check out my Final Exam Survival Guide that I wrote about a couple days ago if you need any help!  

I love beauty sets. I am obsessed with a great deal for makeup and whenever I get the chance to try one out, I am always super excited to review it for you guys! I bought this one this past weekend and could not wait to open it up and test all of the products. I am going to do a full review of each of the products that came in this set and also link them individually if they are sold separately. All of the products in this kit are full-size, so you really are getting a deal. I have never tried Laura Geller so I was really curious to see what this Beautifully Nude set was all about!

So this set was actually really stunning when I looked at all of the products and opened it up. This set comes in two shades I believe: fair and medium. I want to say that it has an even darker shade, but when I went to the store, there were only two different ones. The only difference between the two are the Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correcting foundations. One was just slightly darker. They do have five shades to chose from if you buy the foundation individually, though.
The Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correcting foundation was pretty cool to be honest. At first glance, I thought it was like a bronzer or a highlighter, but it's not! I was really interested in this type of foundation because I don't think I have seen anything else like it. Since I am still a little light from the winter, this shade is a bit too dark for me. However, I have been using this as a bronzer and it looks really nice! It's just a shade darker than my natural skin tone so I think it should be great for an all over foundation in the summer. 

This set also comes with a pretty nice sized brush. However, I don't think i will really use this because it is a bit weird. I think it would be a nice travel brush because it is double-sided. I just don't really understand the sponge tip on the other end. It's a nice thing to have, but it's kind of useless in my opinion. 
I was really excited when I saw this in the kit because it looked so pretty on the box! The Color Luster Lip Gloss was really amazing. I mean this shade is called Cookie Dough. COOKIE-DOUGH. Natalie, does it smell like cookie dough, though? Yes it does my friends, yes it does. This lip gloss is extremely moisturizing and does not crack or stick to your lips. It's not matte, so if you are looking for a matte lip gloss, I suggest you check out the Lip Pops Waterproof Lip Gloss. I'm not a fan of wearing lip gloss, but I love the natural taupe-pink shade and the feel of this lip gloss. Maybe I'll wear lip gloss more often now!
I was a bit skeptical when I saw this mascara. Because of the wand, I was a bit concerned about the quality of it. I tried it once I got home and to my surprise, it is a really great mascara! It separates my lashes and gives me a great amount of volume. I was worried because the wand was really thin and skimpy. It's actually a really nice, black mascara. There's no flaking or clumping either. You can build it up for a more dramatic look, too. 

I love baked eye shadows and when I saw that this little duo was in the set, I knew I had to get it. I don't know what about baked eye shadows I love so much, they're just so great! Maybe it's because they are creamier and more pigmented? Well, this Baked Color Intense Shadow Duo in Dolce/Raisin is beautiful! I just swept Dolce all over my lid and blended Raisin into my crease. It looks very pretty and glowy, too. I have been loving pretty champagne shades for this season; it really brightens up your look!
All of the swatches are beautiful. You can't really see the foundation...because it's close to my skin tone, but all of the others are really nice. 
A very nice thing that was included in this set was the Spackle Under Make-up Primer. I like to use pore-minimizing primers more, but I am really excited to try this one out! I have heard that it's really great for making your foundation application really smooth and to make sure it stays on all day. I read that this primer also contains Aloe Vera which is pretty great! 

Pros:
    -Buying this set is actually an amazing deal; it's worth $145 and you can get it for $60 
    -You get six full-size products
    -All products are amazing quality
    -You should be able to make use of almost or all of the products
Cons:
    -The brush is kind of useless
    -There aren't many shades to choose from

What I loved the most:
I was really obsessed with the baked eye shadows. Imma sucker for a really nice eye shadow duo and especially if they're really creamy and gorgeously pigmented. I love these two shades; at first, I was a bit worried that the Raisin shade would be too dark. I found out that it's a really pretty brown shade that compliments the champagne one perfectly!

I am addicted to beauty sets because you get so much for so little! I love trying out new products and it's great when I don't have to waste a bunch of money on individual products. I was truly impressed with Laura Geller's makeup so maybe I'll have to go out again and try more of her products! 

Xoxo, Nat

4 comments

  1. This looks like such a great set! The lip gloss looks so pretty!!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the lip gloss, you need to try it out. XX

      Delete
  2. This set looks gorgeous! I have the baked foundation which I love, I am reviewing it with some other Laura Geller products on my blog tomorrow. I think Laura Geller makeup is just so pretty!

    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Laura Geller products are like my new found loves :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!