A Work in Progress by Connor Franta | Book Summary and Review

by - 5:47:00 PM

So, for my first writing project at school, we have to write a summary of a book we read and talk about whether we liked it or hated it. I felt like my review and book summary could also help everybody looking for a great book to read and some inspiration! This is my project totally copied and pasted into a blog post and this is my original content that I created.

A Work in Progress by Connor Franta

Well known “content creator” and famous Youtuber, Connor Franta, opens up to share his life and his becoming an inspiring young adult. His memoir highlights the best and worst moments in his life by making  his experiences more relatable and connected than he has ever done behind the camera. Franta shares the lessons he has learned becoming an internet sensation, his dealings with body image and sexuality, and his decision to pursue his artistic passions like becoming a Youtube personality, entrepreneur, taste maker, and  philanthropist. Franta emphasizes how you should stay true to yourself and go after what you really aspire to be.  Franta explains that his life has only just begun and that he’s still trying to make the most of it.  He states that his life will always be a “work in progress.”

As I was reading this spectacular autobiography, I came across many  beautiful passages; however, only one stood out the most. Franta states, “Girls can be athletic. Guys can have feelings. Girls can be smart. Guys can be creative. And vice versa. Gender is specific only to your reproductive organs (and sometimes not even to those), not your interest, likes, dislikes, goals, and ambitions”(page unknown). What really made me love Connor Franta’s writing style  so much was how real he was, how the things he had gone through totally changed his perception on social norms, and that everybody is equal and should be given the freedom to be unique.  He finds a way to connect with every single reader, and that is something only a very special writer can really do.
Whether  you are a teenager or young adult, I feel like anyone trying to find themselves can relate to Franta’s story. You get to experience his journey at the touch of your fingertips while learning from the mistakes he made and the experiences he has gone through. I am giving him 5/5 for his inspiring tales and thought-provoking questions on life and the things we don’t realize. Finding your true passion and doing what you love should be everyone’s take-away, because I know he has  inspired me to worry less about everyone else and live in the now.


Xoxo Nat

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Jas and I have read that's book too! We both love the book and Conner! He is so inspiration! and really helped me figure out some things in my life! xx
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I find him really inspiring and different compared to all other the other youtubers! I'm happy you read my post!

      Keep coming!!!! Xoxo Natalie

      Delete